PERFECTLY POSITIONED IN WA’S
EMERGING LITHIUM SUPER-PROVINCE
HORSE ROCKS PROJECT
MAPPED PEGMATITES UNTESTED FOR LITHIUM
- Project is 8km west of the Mt Marion Lithium Mine on flank of same source granite with ‘Mt Marion-Style’ Li potential and 20km from BPM/AOU Nepean Ni-Li projects
- Mt Marion, Bald Hill and Dome North projects are all located within 100km of Horse Rocks
- Situated within the highly fertile Kalgoorlie Terrane within the Eastern Goldfields Supergroup
- The project is within a greenstone belt and abutting a known lithium source granite (Depot Dome)
- Pegmatites have been mapped – untested for Li/REE
- Previous work indicates
- Ni/Cu anomalism within mafic/ultramafic sequence – 1970’s RAB assays up to 0.5% Ni
- Au anomalism along fold hinge – not drill tested
First Strike Exploration
Horse Rocks tenement is granted.
Geophysical consultants have compiled the geophysical data with a comprehensive set of imagery created, to aid with exploration.
Comprehensive field mapping and auger sampling for lithium has been completed – identifying 5 main lithium anomalies.
- An initial first pass RC drilling has intersected highly anomalous Lithium, Caesium and Tantalum mineralisation at shallow depth. This indicates the pegmatites at horse rocks are part of a highly fractionated LCT pegmatite system and warrant further exploration and drilling at the project.
- Analysis of all drilling results is being conducted which will aid in the planning of a second phase drilling program – testing the targets at greater depth.